So, it has happened...what everyone warned me about. So, I was hanging out with some people last Sunday night. One of the guys was a friend of a friend. Well, he was putting on the charm, etc...blah blah blah, you know how it goes while we're all watching a movie. Well, in the middle of the movie, my friend Jen, who totally watches out for me, called. She was like "Katie, I just spoke to this guy's wife, he's married." Um, what?! I had asked him 3 times if he was married over the course of the week. But Jen was looking out for me and did a little research and hoila, married. Wow, seriously, I mean seriously? I guess it was a good lesson for me. It is amazing how people totally assume a new relationship status when they come out here. What is wrong with people today?!
Wednesday I worked 16 and a half hours. Sweet! This new position is going great because there is always work to do. And I actually get to work in the field that my parent company deals in. Who knew that it could be so exciting?! My title is "Reports Writer." I think it sounds cool.
Thursday night I went to midnight chow for the first time. I only went b/c my co-worker offered me a ride home but he wanted to get some food to go. There were actually a lot of people that I knew there. I got ice cream to go. It's so weird to know that people literally work 24/7 here. I mean, there were so many people out and about last night at midnight. It is so cool! I have decided that I like to come in late and leave late. I just am not a morning person.
I got two awesome care packages this past week. Thank you Sue and Carrie! You guys are all awesome. :)
We had a going-away party for a co-worker and ordered Pizza Hut for it...yum!
Sorry for the lapses in postings. The ONLY reason for that is b/c the internet in the gym (the only place where they don't block my blog site) is soooooooooooooo slow. I've tried to go twice this week and I could never connect to the page. So that's quite annoying and that's why there aren't more posts. Sorry about that.
We decorated the office for Christmas. It looks very festive! There are about 5 different sized xmas trees around...none real of course. In fact, I even have a miniature tree (thanks Mary Katherine!) at my desk that I decorated with peppermints and miniature candy canes. And it even has lights. It is so cute! And I have been listening to Christmas music too...that makes me depressed sometimes though because it makes me miss my family so much. Thanksgiving was pretty easy for me to miss so I'm hoping that Christmas won't be too hard either but I have a feeling that it's going to be bad. Especially considering that my birthday and my mom's are right before and after christmas. But it will be a new experience for everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Come In late and leave late. Why didn't I think of that??? Brilliant! :-P
"One of the guys was a friend of a friend. Well, he was putting on the charm, etc...blah blah blah, you know how it goes..."
You "yadda-yadda'd" the best part!
Stay safe; we miss you!
You need to start selling me on your job if you expect a replacement come April... ;) Keep up the good work! It's just not the same here without you!
dj,
No She "mentioned the bisque!"
Post a Comment